Leven Thumps rocks

Who has the honored title of my favorite author? The author of Leven Thumps, of course. When I got home Wednesday night my mom was on the phone so I went to eat. I was kind of disappointed because I had just finished, Leven Thumps and the Eyes of the Want that afternoon. Suddenly she came running into the living room and said,"Sunbum you will either jump through the ceiling or wet your pants." She went on to say,"Guess who is coming?" I got excited even before I knew. Obert Skye?" Yes, she exclaimed!" He's coming to Sister Writer's house. I started screaming,"Obert Skye is coming! Obert Skye is coming!" I was jumping up and down as I said that so it sounded weird. I kept saying that as I walked around the house. Until my brothers and sisters started teasing me for being all girly. Then I just kept it to myself. On Friday I got ready really early. Well earlier than I usually do. I curled my hair, and put on my new outfit. My day got even better when my Grandparents came to drop off the second Leven Thumps book, that my Aunt was borrowing. Sister Writer lives close to us so we got there pretty quickly. I jumped enthusiastically out of the car. When we got inside there weren't a lot of people yet. So I got a spot close to where he would be standing. I started discussing the books with the girl next to me. We both love the books. The living room was finally packed and some people were going upstairs to watch. Then Obert Skye himself walked into the room with a helper. He told us awesome stories about his childhood, and he also gave out Leven Thumps T-shirts. Monkey didn't want to be there but she caught a shirt. After that he started signing books. I got both of mine signed. I was so excited. And I got a picture with him. When I got home I went to the web site. It was really cool. This was the best day ever for me. I love Leven Thumps. Oh! And thank you for inviting him Sister Writer!!!

Comments

  1. Sunbum--I'm so freakin' happy this was a great moment for you, meeting the big Oh-Ess. It was for me too!

    Ya wanna do me a favor? I could use your input on a synopsis I wrote for a middle-grade fantasy novel I'm working on. If you're interested. let me know.

    --Sister Writer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, I would love to Sister Writer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys look so cute! You're the one on the left right???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the one in black and white! As you can see from the picture I was holding the book upside down and backwards. Monkey's one the other side of him!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dating Misadventures: Too Much Lime in the Coconut

Please Keep Your Clothes On!!!

There are no good reasons to be 13. I think I'm going to skip to 14!