Dating Misadventures: NYC Hiking

I lived in NYC during the pandemic. It was a very stressful time to be in the city, and I spent a lot of it completely alone. As the restrictions started getting lifted in mid 2022 I decided that it was time to try my hand at dating. My social anxiety had gotten so bad during my break from people and I had gained a ton of weight from stress eating. After catching COVID a few times I was sure that I had permanently destroyed my lungs, but I met a really nice guy on Hinge and we planned a hiking date in upstate New York. He was driving in from Jersey and I took the train up to Cold Springs from Manhattan. I was worried about not being able to hike because I had not engaged in physical activity outside of walking for at least a year. I guess I should have been more afraid of potentially getting murdered, and I was a bit but not enough to not go.

The walk from the train to the trailhead winded me and I started to dread the meet up. We started chatting and walking and I needed breaks almost immediately. I literally only made it a few hundred feet up. A year or so later I went with my friend Ruth and I was shocked at how little I made it up the mountain on the date!!

He was really nice about me not being able to breath and agreed to go explore the town with me. We talked as we walked back and he told me about a cheating scandal at his university and about life in India. It was fine overall but I was ready for him to leave me to explore after an hour or so. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking Dawn!!!

"Holy" Bushes.