Dating Misadventures: 4th Wheeling at an Orchestra Concert

Good dates actually can happen! I also hit the date quota for February! February 23rd I matched with a guy on Tinder (Idaho Guy). He messaged me immediately and asked about my reading prompt (I read 111 books in 2023). I was interested immediately because most guys are super gross in their first message. We chatted about books, libraries, and Avatar the Last Airbender. I asked if he wanted to hang out on the weekend and he said that he had time on Sunday. I also threw in "if you like classical music there is a free concert tonight!". He texted me right away for the information. He told me about his years playing tuba, baritone, and piano. 

I told him that I had already invited my little brothers so he would be our fourth wheel. He said he was totally okay with it. My little brothers looked dapper in their matching winter sweaters and I wore my favorite sunflower dress. When I first saw him I loved that he was dressed up as well! He interacted well with my little brothers and we chatted for a few minutes before the concert started. Alistair fell asleep and was snoring through the first half, haha. At intermission I mentioned that maybe we should head out, but Alistair, who had arisen from his slumber, begged to stay. Idaho guy had originally planned to leave after intermission, but he said that he was interested in the last piece so he wanted to stay. During intermission his arm kept getting closer to me and my first thought was, "What the hell, why is he all up in my space? These seats are really big, his arm needs to be on his side." Then in a flash of inspiration I realized that he was trying to hold my hand. I reached out my hand and he took mine in his. We held hands for the entire second half of the concert. I ended up laying my head on his shoulder and it was really nice. 

There was a part in the concert when no one clapped after a piece seemingly ended. Winston was confused and asked why, I shrugged my shoulders and Idaho guy explained why in my ear. I then explained it to Winston who whispered it to Alistair. It was a funny game of telephone. 

At the end I told him I had a nice time and indicated that I would still like to hang out again. He said he would like that as well. 
He texted me "Thank you again, I had a lovely time and definitely looking forward to seeing you later this weekend too 😚"

We have texted every day since we first met. I have loved talking to him and feel super comfortable with him. I ended up holding hands and having my first kiss ever in the same weekend. He called me out when I was freaking out because I was "bad" at kissing. I liked that he helped me calm down and recenter. He said, "I think you may be overthinking things." 

Idaho Guy is sweet, funny, incredibly smart, and kind. He loves hot sauce and has a shelf in his fridge dedicated to them. I am scared to like him as much as I do because being vulnerable is so scary. We hung out for 7 hours yesterday and I am a little freaked out. We played Mastermind and Monopoly Deal, went on a walk, looked at old houses, and talked. Time flew by and I had such a good time. He is so good at listening and applying feedback. When I feel anxious and uncertain he makes time to reassure me, which is really nice. He makes me feel comfortable, confident and beautiful. I even like him when he beats me at board games (maybe I like him slightly less, haha). I don't know if he likes me quite as much as I like him. Again, being vulnerable is hard. 

Idaho Guy did agree to volunteer at the library with me this week. We are even planning on going to dinner afterwards. I am hopeful (but not too hopeful) that things will work out. I don't know if I can continue going on 2 dates a month, starting countless conversations, getting ghosted, and sifting through perverted guys on the apps.

Oh yeah! Another weird thing is that we have the same exact birthday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please Keep Your Clothes On!!!

There are no good reasons to be 13. I think I'm going to skip to 14!

"Hurry Let's Get Out Of Here Before We Catch That Weird Disease That Lauren Girl Has!!!!! Aeeeeeee!!!!"