"You're Fat" Another Dating Misadventure

Dating in 2024 is an absolute drag. I have made many connections in the last few months but nothing has really worked out. I have been seeing a guy (Shared Birthday Boy) fairly consistently for the last 3ish weeks, but we are not official. He ghosted me for 24-hours this past weekend, so I took the time to update my dating profiles (FB Dating and Tinder) during the break. My profile is super fun, if I do say so myself. 

Pros and Cons of Dating Me: 

Pros:

  • I always have snacks in my bag.
  • I am a good listener and I will research the hell out of things you're interested in so I can be more engaging. 
  • I have a Costco membership and I'm always down for a Costco run. 
  • -I can talk about a plethora of topics!
Cons:
  • I am allergic to most animals (but I can buy allergy pills in bulk at Costco, haha).
  • I am hyper-independent and over-scheduled so I require at least 2 business days to schedule a date.

With the bio update I also posted a few new pictures of myself. I ended up getting 20 matches by the end of Saturday afternoon. I chatted with a few of the guys and had some pretty good conversations. 

I matched with a guy a few towns over and we were talking about sourdough bread. He told me about the 100-year-old sourdough starter that he recently inherited. We probably spent an hour talking about our love for bread. I thought things were going well, until the exchange below:


The AUDACITY of this man. Shaking my head.

I was flabbergasted, speechless, and super mad when I got his message. Please excuse the salty language in my response, I was tired and a little emotional. I can't stand when people think it's okay to comment on another person's body or weight.

So anyway, if Shared Birthday Boy wants to commit to a relationship with me that would be great. I like him a lot and I'm tired of talking to people on the apps. 😉

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today I Am Officially OLD!!!!

And her name was Ms. Bossy Pants

The Office Extravert