Dating Misadventures: Too Much Lime in the Coconut


Ooooh boy. This date story is a doozy. I matched with a guy on Facebook Dating (I know, don't judge) in early March. We chatted a bit about our love for Costco and loathing for dating apps. He lamented the fact that he has been on dating apps for years but has only been on a few dates. I have learned to be pretty assertive in my brief time on the dating scene so I proposed a date. We made plans for the following weekend. I suggested meeting halfway in Brigham City on a Sunday for a walk and drinkity-drink date. 

The date was planned for the same weekend I was having conflicting feelings about my situationship with Idaho/birthday twin guy. (more on that later) The morning of the date the guy texted me, "Now that I have your number I can bother you more easily." I was like ???????? why would you say that? Despite the initial ick I forced myself to get ready. It was Sunday, St. Patrick's day, so I was wearing my festive green hoody. As I drove down to Brigham I stopped at Mantua Reservoir and thought about how much I hate dating. 

Through text I offered to buy the drinks at Sonic because 1. I have the app and get half price drinks all day (I am an economical queen) and 2. I am the one who initiated the date (I am also a gentlewoman). I ordered them before I drove through the canyon and ended up getting to BC with a lot of time to spare.

Once I had the drinks I texted him. He had arrived at the Sonic a few minutes before me. I grabbed our drinks and headed over to his car. I swear this man made me stand outside his car door for a solid minute and a half before finally opening it. I introduced myself and gave him his drink. He got out of his car and I was a bit shocked. He was much shorter than his pictures made him seem (listen, I love a man who knows his angles but damn). I got over my initial shock and tried to be super friendly. We decided to walk on Main Street which required a 5 minute drive down the road. I was happy to have a minute to regroup. 

We get to the Smith's parking lot in Brigham and I was already halfway done with my medium diet cherry limeade. He gets out of the car and his drink is nowhere in sight. I casually asked if he was going to bring the drink on our walk. He looks at me and says, "Yeah, I don't like it. It has too much lime in it." I am not a woman of few words, but that comment left me speechless. I looked at him with a confused look on my face to a few seconds, I finally recovered and chipperly said, "Well that's a bummer. I'm sorry you don't like it. I think their limeades are delicious." What I was thinking on the inside was, "You literally ordered a limeade, why the f*ck are you complaining about the lime flavor???"

We walked for 2 miles roundtrip and he really just talked about himself. I did get to learn more about motorcycles, homeownership, mechanical engineering, and different routes that can get people into engineering. He had some interesting things to share. We parted ways on an awkward note because I am sure neither one of us was feeling a connection. I said, "Welp, thanks for coming on a date with me. Hope you get home safe. I guess you could text me if you want." Spoiler alert, he did not text me. 😂

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please Keep Your Clothes On!!!

There are no good reasons to be 13. I think I'm going to skip to 14!

A book to feed your hunger!