A Perfect Blend

When I was at BYU I became obsessed with Tropical Smoothie. I had finally reached my free smoothie reward for buying 10 smoothies, so I decided to take one home to drink the next morning. I got my two favorite flavors, the mango and Pomegranate Plunge!

The next morning I was looking forward to walking to campus while sipping on my perfect blend. I started my walk from Centennial Apartments and came across a parked shuttle going toward campus. I decided to forgo walking to save some time. I went to the backdoor of the bus, and just as I took my first step up the doors closed. My beloved smoothie exploded as the door completely destroyed the cup.

Losing the smoothie was bad enough but then the bus jerked forward and I realized that my wrist was stuck in the door. Thankfully some people told the bus driver that I was stuck in the door, and he only drove a few feet with me running to keep up. The door opened and I was released from my prison. Instead of climbing in I ended up walking to campus completely covered in my smoothie. So I got to class later than usual (not late of course) with sticky hair and an unmistakable smell of old yogurt. 

Sometimes you have to laugh about your misfortunes and move on. So instead of going home to cry like I wanted to, I just laughed at my misfortune that whole walk to class. I think the most devastating part of the walk was smelling my smoothie every time I moved. Anyway, the universe tried to make things right because I got two free BYU socks on my way home from class. Sooooo maybe I'm back up on my karma??



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's mah birfday

A book to feed your hunger!

And her name was Ms. Bossy Pants