Let’s Get Physical (Therapy)

Week 3 post-op is done! I am able to bend my leg 65 degrees and put 50% weight on my left leg. Progress is being made and I could not be happier. If everything goes well, I should be able to start walking without the crutches next week. 

PT: This week I set a 7am Thursday appointment and met with the physical therapy assistant. She was so great! I got to do a seated bike work out, she taught me some new exercises, and helped me learn how to break down scar tissue forming under my incisions. While we were chatting it came up that she has a week-long NYC trip coming up but didn't have solid plans yet. I was able to share my carefully compiled "Best of NYC" spreadsheet with her. When I got home I went to LDS tools because she looked super familiar, and as it turns out she's in my stake! Logan is definitely a small town. 

I had a follow up with my primary care at 7am on Friday to check my blood pressure! My BP on 04/07 was 182/69, and now its at 124/72! Modern medicine is amazing, and I am grateful that it's working! My primary care doctor is so cool. We were chatting and found out that we have similar book tastes, so she gave me a list of recommendations. I don't think I've ever had such an awesome medical care team! I've always been apprehensive about going to the doctor, but all of the staff and doctors I've met this year have been amazing. 

I have been craving a raspberry milkshake for a week now, but it's such a pain to leave the house. I convinced Stef to come out with me on Friday to finally satisfy the craving. It was AMAZING.  

It's still a struggle to get up and down these stairs. I made the sacrifice to get a raspberry shake from Charlie's

Stef is leaving for her firefighting job soon, and I'm going to miss her.


Look at the difference in my calf sizes! Crazy!

One of my besties had a baby! Thank god for drive thru pizza places and baby cuddles!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's mah birfday

A book to feed your hunger!

And her name was Ms. Bossy Pants