♫ Called To Serve HIM ♫

For the last few months I have been preparing myself to serve as an LDS missionary! Next week my papers will officially be submitted, which means in a few short weeks I will know where I will be called to serve!! In preparation for this exciting news I will be writing down some of my entries from my scripture/spiritual thoughts notebook. I've been recording all the things that I have learned on this journey leading up to serving a mission, as well as the trials and hard decisions I've had to make. I am so thankful for my Heavenly Father, and I have felt His love in my life everyday as I have studied my scriptures, read the Temple preparation books, studied Preach my Gospel, and prayed sincerely to Him. I have also felt the healing power of the Savior's Atonement. I have a testimony of the Atonement, I know that Jesus Christ suffered so that we never have to be alone. He knows our pain and our weakness, and He loves us no despite our faults! I hope to bring the peace that I have into the lives of the people that I serve. I know that Heavenly Father loves each one of His children, and I cannot wait to share the love and knowledge that comes from the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ.

"Remember that the worth of souls is great in the sight of God; For, behold, the Lord your Redeemer suffered death in the flesh; wherefore he suffered the pain of all men, that all men might repent and come unto him." 
(D&C 18:10-11)

These past few months I have developed a functioning relationship with my Father in Heaven. I have been blessed with so much! He has blessed me with a super supportive and amazing family, an LDS temple near my home where I can worship and find peace, an amazing bishop who has helped me so much in building a strong doctrinal foundation for my testimony, and the fantastic examples my friends are to me! I am so happy for each one of my friends who are on their missions, or are leaving soon. I love Mondays and Tuesdays (some have different P-days), because I get to read about so many people from different parts of the world accepting the message that the missionaries share with them, and receiving the truth of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ into their lives! 

Comments

  1. I love this post so much! I am so happy and excited for you, and I can hardly wait to hear where you will be called! HOORAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want to receive Zach Face's weekly emails that I send out to his friends, just tell me your LDS Mail address that will be set up after you receive your call!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would LOVE to get his emails!! I will let you know!

    And thanks! I am super duper excited!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Please Keep Your Clothes On!!!

There are no good reasons to be 13. I think I'm going to skip to 14!

A book to feed your hunger!