I Don't Look Anything Like I Did In Kindergarten, But My Old Friend Does!!!!

Every year of school I got put in the same class as Clayton. Clayton was my friend so I didn't mind. Clayton called a lot and always said," Mr. Infidel (my dad) may I please talk to Sunbum." He walked over to my house even after I started homeschooling, and asked for me. But after a while he stopped coming. This never bothered me, actually I never thought anything about it until recently. When I say "recently" I mean last Tuesday.....

He was riding his bike past our house, and I was having a running competition against Monkey. He watched us as we ran around the front yard and then back, and I expected him to say hi and leave as he always does when he passes. But he didn't. So to break the silence I said,"Hi, Clayton." And gave him a big goofy smile. He looked confused and he asked," Uh, where's Sunbum?" Then I was confused, I furrowed my eyebrows and I said," I am Sunbum." He looked surprised "Oh, you look different." He told me. "Uh, thanks so do you." I said still shocked that he didn't recognize me, I mean it hasn't been that long since I've seen him! There was a long silence again, I didn't know what else to say so I just looked at him. That's when I noticed that he didn't look different. No matter how many years have past I can still he still looked almost exactly the same as he did in kindergarten!!!!

I'm so stupid because I told Clayton," Sorry, but I'm going to have to take that back, you look the same actually." He shrugged his shoulders (his expression hadn't changed since he had found out that I was Sunbum), he asked how my mom was doing, and then he left......

*I felt terrible for that last comment, I was just taken by surprise. He'll probably never talk to me again....*

Comments

  1. Awww, don't feel bad! That didn't come out sounding like an insult AT ALL! Some people just grow into a bigger version of their Kindergarten selves! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dating Misadventures: Too Much Lime in the Coconut

Please Keep Your Clothes On!!!

My first award ever!