New York Story: Trouble on the 4 Train (A Story of Unrequited Love)

Two Saturdays a month I have to drag my butt to the Financial District for grad school classes. This requires getting up early, putting on real people clothes, and gathering my school supplies. It's a 40 minute commute, one transfer, and getting into contact with way too many people (hindsight is 20/20 people, I didn't know a pandemic was going to hit).

On this particular Saturday a former roommate came into town and I spend way too much time talking to her, so I missed my usual train. This was a mistake, I should have thought about how busy the trains get around 9:00am, but ya girl was obviously not thinking. Anyway, so the train was packed and I struggled to find space for me and my big ass backpack. I was standing in the middle of the subway car far away from any available support poles, and I was hating my life. A few minutes into the commute a guy tapped me on my shoulder and said, "Hey there's some room over here and you can grab onto the pole." I said "thanks" and went back to listening to my music.

I transferred to the 4 train at 86th street along with at least 50 other people. I didn't notice that the guy who tapped my shoulder also transferred. The train was not as packed as the first one, so I was able to find a choice place to stand (close to the door). I felt another tap on my shoulder and it was the guy from the 6 train. We started chatting and he told me about his company and the charity work that they do. He talked about being in college and studying marketing, he asked me about my hobbies and interests. It was normal and pleasant conversation, that is until I got closer and closer to my stop. He started to slip in some weird stuff like, "I'm a Libra so you know what that means..." I shook my head, indicating that I did not know what he meant. He then whispered, "It means that I'm good in bed." I dead ass responded with, "Wow, I didn't know that astrological signs could influence that." Then I laughed awkwardly and prayed that somehow I could get out of the conversation.

I swear, time moves so slow when you want to get out of awkward conversations. As I was getting off the train I said, "Welp. It was nice to meet you. Have a nice life." He spoke loudly, to the point of yelling as I was walking away, "Call me girl. I want to give you full body massages." I put my head down and walked faster than I ever have out of the subway station. Like damn bro, why scream that across the train station??

The following text conversation is verbatim the conversation that ensued after the initial encounter. *Edits: punctuation added to his messages.*

Subway Dude: "I love ur smile. Ima harass u and show u I'm worth ur time so I can give u lots of massages". (Satuday, written in 3 text messages)

Me: "Hey ----. I think I my natural friendliness may have given you the wrong idea. I am more than happy to be friends, but I'm really not in a place to engage in a romantic relationship right now. Hope you're having a good day!" (Monday of the next week)

Subway Dude:"Oooo okay. We don't have to be in a relationship. We can enjoy each oterh's company and just have fun then/ If that's okay with you. U can deprive yourself of a relationship. But u can deprive urself of affection lusting or passion.  I'm focused on talkin to you just to shower u with attention, give you full body massages if u need them, and make u feel special. But if you don't want nothin to do with me then I'll delete ur number." (Monday, 2 seconds after I sent my response, written in 10 individual text messages)

Two weeks after his first message he texted me a link for stock in his company. As mentioned in my last post, I'm no gold-digger, but damnnn I'm totally chill with guys sending stocks when they flirt. (haha)

**Listen, before you judge me for giving this dude my number let me justify. 1. He seemed normal at first when he asked for it. 2. He told me he wanted my number to share more information about his charity work. 3. I didn't realize he was flirting until I looked back on the conversation.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please Keep Your Clothes On!!!

There are no good reasons to be 13. I think I'm going to skip to 14!

"Hurry Let's Get Out Of Here Before We Catch That Weird Disease That Lauren Girl Has!!!!! Aeeeeeee!!!!"