Thank You......I Guess.....

The other day I started talking to the new guy at Kung-Fu. We both stretched while we talked, and the subject matter was all over the place. In the middle of our conversation he told me about his siblings and then he asked about mine. I told him their names, and went down their ages. Then he asked," So who is the oldest?" When I told him that I was, his eyes got really big and he asked again," You're the oldest?! Oh, well you look like it." I'm pretty sure I looked confused for a few seconds, and then I said," Thank you.....I think." And that was were the conversation ended for that day.

The next day he sat next to me doing form practice. He smiled and said," You're Norma, right?" "What????!!!!!" I said internally, and laughed on the outside. I just couldn't believe that he thought my name was Norma!!! Norma? Seriously?!!!! That's just crazy! It doesn't
t even sound like my name!!! Plus I've always said that Norma sounds like an old lady name, don't you agree? (Please pardon me if you happen to be named Norma!)

Anyway, in my rushed to correct him I said," No!!! My name is Laura!!!" (Which is totally not my name! It is kind of a mix between "Norma" and my real name though....) I smacked my forehead, and whispered urgently,"Wait, no!!! My name's not Laura either!!! Oh gosh, I just told you the wrong name." The poor guy just sat there looking at me while I laughed at my stupidity.

I think he might be a little worried about my mental health now. He'll probably think that I have triple personality!!! I'm Sunbum, Laura, and Norma all in one, and each one is crazier then the next.....

Comments

  1. Ha ha. I hope you didn't really forget your name... :) One time I met someone at the beginning of school, told him my name was Barbara, then said I was kidding, but throughout the rest of the 3 years of school he called me "Barb" (joking around). He never actually remembered my real name, ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee! :D

    I always thought it would be fun if my first name was Abby and my middle name was Normal. Then I could say, "Hello! My name is Abby...Abby Normal!" (Ya know, as in abnormal?)

    Uhhh...maybe that's just funny to ME?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the Bugs around here! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Say hello to the President of my Sunday School class!

Today I Am Officially OLD!!!!

Loves!!!