Libraries! School! And My Book Loves!

Last Friday my dad took all of us chillins to the library. Of course since I'm a big book dork I got six books. (That was on reserve for me) I'm serious, the librarians practically know me by name now. So not I'm going to share with you the books that I got and why I adore them.
The Darkest Powers Trilogy
There are so many reasons why I love The Darkest Powers Series. It's clean, the story is amazing, and I'm in love with all of the character! Even the characters that are kind of mean. I was sucked in by the first book, and I almost died waiting to read the second. And right now I'm dying to read the third and last book about Chloe and her friends. Another thing I love about these books is that I can read more than once and still love it. I'm seriously obsessed with these books. Kelley Armstrong is an amazing author, but sadly I cannot read her other books because they are supernatural romance novels.
The Wicked Lovely Series

This series is fairly clean. There is some kissing in it but nothing super inappropriate. I pretty much adore these books. When I read a book I usually want the good guy to get the girl, but when I read these books I want the bad boy prince Keenan to be her boyfriend. He is so stinking patient with her, and even though he is a jerk with everyone he is super nice with her. I screamed when she went back to Seth (the good-ish boy)! Seth is not a good boy but he is a better person than Keenan. (I still like Keenan better) I was disappointed with Radiant Shadows (I finished it last night). The book focused on characters that I don't really care about! I want to read more about Keenan and Aislinn, but the book didn't have them in it. *grumpy huff*


I have a strange fascination with princess books. I'm NOT a girly girl but I do love princess books. These two books were surprisingly funny and clever. "Palace of Mirrors" was written by one of my favorite authors of all time, Margaret Peterson Haddix. (Seriously I love her so much I have almost all of her books) "Princess of Glass" was a little predictable but the dialog was hilarious, and the way the author wrote the character was very personal and I really like that in a book. This is the first book I've ever read by Jessica Day George. I was impressed by her writing so I will definitely read her other books in the future.

I'm reading everything I can get my hands on because once school starts again I won't have time to read any books other than text books. Sad, I know. It's totally true though. If I get my hands on a book during the school year I spend the whole day reading instead of studying. My dad made a ban against me reading books or going to libraries during the school year. I love school, and I love reading, but my two loves cannot intertwine. I know my dad is right about me always getting distracted though.....So I have to be obedient or I'll get bad grades. *sigh*

Okay! That's all. Now I'm off to the library to get the last book in The Darkest Powers series, and another princess book! (In my defence about the princess books my little sisters read it after I'm done with them. It's not like I save them all for myself....)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's mah birfday

A book to feed your hunger!

And her name was Ms. Bossy Pants