Thanksgiving Day One!!

Okay, so I have never blogged from my phone before, so this will be interesting!

Winter I my favorite time of the year. I love the cold weather, the clothes, the Christmas romantic comedies, and especially the general attitude. I love having an attitude of gratitude. And it seems like during the holiday season other people adopt that point of view as well. One of the most rewarding feelings is when you bring a light into someone's life, and the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays gives opportunities to do that.

For the next five days I will be posting the things I am thankful for!!

5) Over the summer, I decided that I wanted to do a big project for personal progress. I decided on making baby hats for premature babies. Unfortunately, however, I am not crafty, I don't know how to knit, and I fail miserably at every artsy endeavor I have tried. Despite all the things that could go wrong, I bought hat knitting looms. It took a couple of days for me to finally learn how to do it, I was frustrated because my sisters caught on a lot faster than me. But finally I learned how to do it and started making the hats. Since we had all sizes of looms we started making normal sized hats, just for fun. As I searched for places that we could donate the hats, I found the perfect opportunity. Apparently LDS Family Services need hats for homeless people. We just finished the project last week. We made 105 hats total. Half of the hats are going to the hospital, and the other to people in need. I am so grateful to have found places that needed our service. This was a perfect opportunity for my sisters and I to get a lot closer. We have even gotten good enough that we can knit and watch TV at the same time. Skills. I am so proud of my sisters! Next year our goal is 250-300 hats to donate by Christmas! We are also getting the YW in our ward involved!! I am so excited to be able to teach the girls in my ward, and serve with them!





Comments

  1. This makes me happy! It really is a fantastic service project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! :) So how are you doing? I hope you and your family have a fantastic Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The results of being a dork!

Today I Am Officially OLD!!!!

And her name was Ms. Bossy Pants