I'm Alive!

The camp out = Totally awesome!

What I did at the camp out: When I first got there I helped to set up one of the tents. Then we went and I learned how to make two kinds of fires without matches, and how to put fires out. I learned how to cook with a dutch oven, and how to make biscuits in an aluminum box!

I gave up smores for dutch oven peach cobbler!!!!! I don't regret it because it was extremely good, but I live for smores and I didn't even make one!!!! *sigh*

For the first time ever I almost pulled an all nighter! I fell asleep about two hours before we had to wake up to go, and even then I was the first one awake and ready to hike. (I was awake because I had to go to the restroom, again...)

While sitting around the campfire I told stories about using a Port-A-Pot at an Indian Festival.....*shudder* I don't recommend the experience.

I ran to the Port-A Potty a couple dozen times throughout the night/morning. As I was running (for the fifth or so time) I didn't see the support string sticking out at least three feet away from another tent, I crashed into so hard that I was sent flying back in shock. I could hardly hold it in so I quickly got up on my feet and asked,"Was that a booby trap, or what? *saying back and forth* I mean Sorry, I'm so sorry....." *running away as fast as I can* Then I had to pee in the dark because the girl with the flashlight couldn't catch up in enough time. That's when I found out that it was super warm in the Port-A Potty so I spent a little more time then necessary in that tight little space; just trying to warm myself before having to go back into the cold and hold the flashlight for the other girl.........

*To wrap this all up I had an amazing time, I got to know some of the girls that I don't know so well, and I learned a lot of new things!*

Comments

  1. "I found out that it was super warm in the Port-A-Potty so I spent a little more time than necessary in that tight little space; just trying to warm myself before having to go back into the cold and hold the flashlight for the other girl..."

    That's a crack up! I try to pee and get out of those stinkin' Port-A-Potty things as fast as I possibly can! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't that bad. It was actaully one of the nicest Pot-A-Potty's that I've ever had the pleasure of using!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved our camps. We called our port-o-pottys "BIFFY"s because it stood for Bathroom In Forest For You :)
    I LOVE cobbler, and although I love smores, too, cobbler is so great when you're camping...mmm...I want some right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha. when i read that you gave up smores for cobbler, i thort you had written, "i gave up SNORES for cobbler"!! haha. i would've given up snores, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad you had a great time though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. teehee,
    That made me crack up!
    Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! Sunbum! You're like us! You like reading, singing at random times, and hate sporks, listen to marie digby and are dorky! please go to www.blogspot.com
    Maybe you can realte to us! Please read from bottom to top! I'm so excited that I have to use exclamtion points and bad grammar to get you to read our lonely blog! If you like it, please tell all your supporters and maybe our blog will be famous like yours!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Today I Am Officially OLD!!!!

Say hello to the President of my Sunday School class!

And her name was Ms. Bossy Pants