Um.. Well I guess his name wasn't Lint!

Warning: Saying this got me in really big trouble! I don't recommend repeating this to anyone!!

It all started when I was at the end of the pew, my Mom was sitting next to me. It was also Fast and testimony meeting. Thankfully it was almost over. The Bishop was going to wrap it up but then a guy with bright orange hair came up. He looks like the weird dude from "A.J.'s Time travelers." My Mom hardly knows anyone by name even now, but it was worse back then. She nudged me and asked,"Sunbum, who is that guy?" I whispered back,"His name is Lint um, I forget the last name." Then I started laughing when I realized what I said. I quickly corrected myself and told her I meant Clint! But by then we were both laughing. Then after church Dad asked what was so funny. Mom told him, man you wouldn't believe the lecture I got for that. I never ever made the mistake of calling any adult by their first name ever again (not even behind their back!)! Because it is disrespectful. Lesson learned!

Comments

  1. Yes I know. I was so glad nobody heard that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe your dad should talk to my brother. Patty calls my mom by her real name. It makes her mad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I call my adult sister my her first name. I call my 35 year old cousin my his first name and I call his 27 year old wife by her first name. I call Johnny Depp by his first name! Personally the whole thing about old people being superior angers me. There are lots of old people that are dumber than me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's actually just a habit now. If I don't know their last name I just say yes Sir or Mam!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i call my pastor, pastor and i call his wife, Argenta. lol. but usually the only ppl i call mrs. or mr. whatever , are teachers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

There are no good reasons to be 13. I think I'm going to skip to 14!

A book to feed your hunger!

It's mah birfday