Errors that occur when I'm complimenting people!

Saturday evening my mom made a delicious dinner which consisted of rigatoni, salad, watermelon, and biscuits. During dinner I decided that it would be polite to compliment my mom so I told her,"Hey, mom these biscuits are really good!" I thought I was being nice, but suddenly she looked upset and asked,"What about the rigatoni? All I did with the biscuits was put them in the oven!" I felt my face go crimson while I tried to make things better by saying,"Well I think all of it is good, especially your rigatoni. I just really liked the biscuits." Thankfully my siblings all came to my rescue and started complimenting the rigatoni also. It's not my fault that I love Pillsbury stuff, I would have taken credit for it!

Comments

  1. Listen to what Zach says about MY cooking:

    "I'm not insulting your cooking...I just don't want to eat it."

    Or...


    "I'm not saying it isn't good...I just don't like it."

    (He is one of the pickiest eaters I have ever met...aaaggghhh!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, allow me to explain the weird dinner combo.

    See we usually have garlic bread when I make pasta. We didn't have anything I could fashion into any semblance of garlic bread. The backup plan is ALWAYS for Sunbum to make Bisquick Garlic Cheese Biscuits (You know like the ones you get at Red Lobster. Yum!) Buuuttt, nooooo, Sunbum and her sister were out playing all day with their homeschool group while I was here at home slaving over a hot stove.

    Papi bought a couple cans of biscuits on sale for .49 cents each. It's better than nothing, says I and apparently the highlight of the meal for Sunbum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When my brother was here (cuz now he's on a mission :) His only complement was "It's edible."

    The highest complement about my cooking dinner he ever gave me was, "It's almost edible."

    Muah ha ha ha!

    Don't worry, I got him back! >;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, i love pillsbury stuff too.
    one time my mom said that and you know what i did.
    i just laughed
    then she laughed
    and we forgot about it
    wooo
    laughing is the cure :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sister Face: Picky eater? That is horrible! I might take Zach's lines to Girls Camp!

    Cameo: My family seems to like my cooking! What did you do?

    Brynn:Pillsbury is the best!! Of course it's not as good as my cooking. *cough*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a sucker for those pillsbury rolls. Mmmm

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Today I Am Officially OLD!!!!

And her name was Ms. Bossy Pants

The Office Extravert